On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, April 04, 2008

Seas and Oceans and Moons...

Photobucket
One of my characters is a shipbuilder in the last Luna book, and I've been straining with the research (and determining a magical propulsion system). I looked at my maps (the few I had on the laptop) this morning so I can ground myself. I made more than my daily count so far, but I took yesterday and ALL of last week off, and worked on the Heart Fate copy edits earlier this week so I need to make up time.

Also preparing for RT convention (Romantic Times) in less than two weeks. I'm going to mine my extra bits of contest prizes that I bought two of, whatever, for baskets and goodies. Also must update the website for April, but the others come first, I think.

Anyway, I'm feeling good and now must go to the grocery store. Mistral isn't eating much and I want to get her tastier food. I'm becoming accustomed to the idea that her life may be winding down, especially if the vet can't let her breathe easier.

That's life today. Hope to get to more work later. :) I named today's new writing file "RaineTown" and Raine didn't even make it INTO the town, the whole scene took place on the beach...

May your work satisfy you today and blessings on all animal companions!
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that the latest (so far) exotique has an elemental name. It really connects her to the sea and the weather and winds that can control the sea. Snaps to you!!

Tine

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried looking up Jikata and it couldn't locate it. Is she a native of amee? Have you decided if the "Singer" is coming thru a gate or mirror? Will she have talked to the other girls thru Bri's family mirrors? Will they have her bring gifts for Amee like a cocoa tree(bush?) Catheryne

10:11 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Tine, I can't recall why I named Raine the way I did, I DO know that I considered many names for her. But, shipbuilder - Raine - sounded good.

Catheryne, Jikata is the name of my last heroine, a popular singer here in the states about to break through, she will be coming to amee through a mirror to the Singer's Abbey. Just visiting Denver so no connection to Bri, and no gifts being brought... Since all this will be in the first chapter, I don't think I'm revealing too much.
Robin

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]