On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Update on Heart Books

I just finished polishing the first chapters of Heart Change and Heart Journey and will be sending them out for critique. Heart Change is 15 pages and Heart Journey is 9. Heart Change has a synopsis, but I'll be working on Heart Journey's. I hope to send the proposal to my agent in a couple of weeks.

I've started doing pages on the Luna book in the morning and working on the Heart books in the evening, or even late night (like right before now).

I had a phone interview with a group tonight that rather broke up my evening and I was nervous about it, so I wasn't very diligent today.

Anyway, I've been good at sticking with the schedule, and this should last until Saturday when I'll be in Limon, then Monday - Saturday I'll be travelling and who knows what will happen.

Since my laptop has been wonky regarding connecting, I don't know if I'll be able to post or when. OTOH at Limon I should have a couple of geek friends who might look at it if it's bad...

Anyway, I'm tired and the clock says 12 am so I guess I'll call it a day.

Happy Spring Equinox!
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Lola said...

I'm hooked on the Heart books, and I'm really looking forward to these books!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest, recharge your batteries and enjoy yourself not only this weekend, but also next week. From the sound of your recent posts, you definately need it. Drive safe. We'll all be here when you get back.

Happy Ostara (from all your Celta lovers).

Suzane

7:04 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks! And I should rest, but the trip is a Bond-Or-Die car trip with Mom, Bro T., and niece C. fast to CA and back.

And I need to keep the wordcount up to make the short deadline. I will undoubtedly lose days with Romantic Times.

I did enjoy the vernal equinox, lovely day yesterday.

Back to writing, been messing around and still need two and a bit pages to go.

Robin

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]