On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, March 23, 2008

In Which Robin Learns A New Skill

Everything went very well today. Randy, car guy/geek, figured out that the problem was really dirty battery cables so we went and bought a cleaner thing and he taught me how to clean them and I only need to do it about once a year before winter. I do, of course, have to be careful.

Anyway, shopping went well, my masquerade entry was much admired (I made a jail cell from a cardboard box: Pestilential Prison, Dull Dark Dock #1, Current Inmate: Dread Pirate Robin (my pirate name for the weekend), with a Life Long Lock with tiny keyhole) and recited the patter song from Pirates of Penzance, first slowly, then as quick as I could (which I'd been practicing so PDQ). Skits went well, part of Golden Compass (with pirate, played the bear), Van Helsing (played a pirate), and a very politically and sexually incorrect skit that I'm not going to name.

Then we played werewolf and I pulled the Seer card and we defeated the werewolves with my help, I was a werewolf and spotted by the Seer and hanged, and I was a villager and hanged and the werewolves won...

Finally In The Sack, various questions not too personal. Anyway, have a headache, think I'm coming down with a cold, and spoke so much my voice is rough. I'm leaving early and mostly packed. The rest will gather for breakfast and then come back for the art auction.

I want to try and spend most of the day with the cats before I leave on the bond or die trip.

May you enjoy your friends today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda Seckington said...

Ooh, you play werewolf! I got introduced to the game a couple of months ago and now I'm crazy about it. Even wrote a blog post about a very weird game we had (http://missgeeky.com/2007/11/05/weirdest-werewolf-game-ever/).

It's great to see that one of my favourite authors is also playing this game. Just finished Heart Dance last night and I can't wait for the next book!

8:48 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks Melinda! Yes, we usually play at Karvel Kon, not much else. I'm totally not surprised that it is addicting.

Take care,
Robin

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]