On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Heart Fate Copy Edits

No April fool from me...

The car was the fuel pump, which I happily paid for and am now independent again. I finished the copy edits of Heart Fate yesterday in good time and now want to tinker with a couple of spots, then I'll copy the 513 page ms and send it off. The easiest edits ever...though I am not happy with the drama of one of my scenes and may add a couple of paragraphs, which means a separate sheet of paper.

I did let my editor get most of her way with corrections and my copy editor some of her way with my sentence fragments. I've added no more than 5 lines to the ms. It was interesting reading it because since I cut some things in the front, the rest of the plot came up a little faster and that was fine.

I'm running a bath and will soak, but I spent the morning trying to rest, and catch up on my sleep.

May you have an easy day.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]