On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Casting Books

Yes, I do this, but my choices may be odd and rare and from OLD movies. T'Ash was Lorenzo Lamas, or a young Oliver Reed. T searched long and hard for the image I had of Danith and it turned out to be a young Linda Ronstadt.

I have to cast a book for my panel at RT. I really don't want to reveal such choices and have people go "ewww", and I need white-blonds for the Hollys. Got any ideas? I've already spent an hour and a half looking for guys who might do. I think David McCallum (young) might work, also ran into Owen Wilson, there's one photo of Dolph Lundgren that is charming, but all the rest are not, too muscular. Of course there was Spike in Buffy...(a blond James Marsters)...

Urgh.

Any help gratefully accepted and I'll say so at the panel, if I remember my notes...

Robin

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hardy Krugger, Kurt Jurgens, etc and other German and Northern European actors. Quite a few nice Films from Norway and Finland. There is a movie from Belgium.. I think called Le Enfant that has a white-blond lead boy.
I thought of the actor Jean-Paul Belmondo, Ives Montant, and other French singers/actors that are rather ugly but very attractive, who would they be in your books?
Ash would be more like Eddie Constantine, William Holden, Gary Cooper ?
As you can see I am from the Pre-historic era, but I cannot see a young fellow with looks and class in the movies nowadays, rather crude styles.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm....Orlando Bloom with his blond hair from Lord of the Rings, could he be Tinne?

I really don't watch enough TV or see enough movies to know names or actors, but when you mentioned white blond hair, Orlando did pop into my mind.

Tine

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dmitri Hvorostovsky is a russian baritone. I guess he's more just prematurely silver gray, but it's quite striking

http://hvorostovsky.com/
or
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=41:30809

suky

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jennette Marie Powell said...

Just wanted to let you know I just finished Guardian of Honor and loved it! Can't wait 'till my copy of Sorceress arrives. I've been a fan of the Heart books for a while, can't believe it took me so long to read the Summoning books.

I can so see WWE's Mr. Kennedy as a Holly guy. He's attractive and muscular (of course!) but not too huge and steroid-laden.

Hope that helps - and have fun at RT!

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Billy Idol, spiky hair tad agressive, wild child. jem

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to agree with the Orlando Bloom pick. And/or, how about the guy who played Tarzan in the TV series? I think his name was Travis Flimmel. He was blond, not too muscled. Don't know if he is a good actor.
Hope you have some fun with this!
Lynda

10:37 PM  
Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

What about Paul Bettany? He's blond, and can be silvery blond.

6:11 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

WOW, saw Hardy Krueger Jr. and he is a perfect Holm!

Robin

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]