On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Stress

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I can't sleep. Concerns are crowding my mind. Promotion for Heart Dance, updating my website and how to pay for it, my upcoming seminars at RWA. The DEADLINE.

Right now I'm thinking about the Amazon blog. I blog there very irregularly, but now they have a feed that I can link this blog to. I haven't been getting major comments and don't know whether it would help or not to do that, but I'm thinking of giving it a trial. If so, this blog may become more "professional." I probably won't be talking about stress at 4:41 am (and I've been up for an hour. Surely there must be an all night liquor store in Denver, I ran out of liquor in January, I think, and have not replaced it. Not a big drinker).

So, if I do a feed to amazon, hopefully not alienating readers in droves, I will probably be adding links to my site -- the excerpts at READS and the WORLDS page, at the top of every post. Just FYI.

Well, the room is cold with the great fan in the window going full blast, and I think I'll return to bed and listen to my meditation tapes. Today is both critique and the RMFW program (book reviewer from the Denver Post), and I still need to print out a scene (thinking of taking a group scene from Keepers of the Flame, when all the Exotiques descend on the twins), and write my goal of three scenes a day.

The house has some repairs that are needed, too.

May you be calm and collected when you write today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blue ocean/water is lovely too. Hope you feel less stressed out just looking at it.

3:17 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, I really liked that one. Probably will go up in a few months.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

I know I've come late to this party, but I hope you don't start making this blog more "professional"--sometimes, it's nice to hear the same doubt and random thoughts coming from a published author (whose books I really like, btw,) that perk up in my own mind.

It's sort of like group therapy for writers; it makes all the noise in my head not feel like such an obstacle. "Hey, Robin Owens procrastinated, too, on XYZ day/felt insecure about such-and-such aspect of her writing/has a real life AND manages to write, and look at what she's gotten written!"

10:38 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Well, Silver. I decided that this is too personal to go up on Amazon, not that I have that many readers there...

And I don't care how professional a writer is, I think we all suffer from insecurities.

Robin

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]