On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Signing Clothes -- Advice requested - WEDNESDAY Background


All right. I have this turquoise/pink/green/yellow pastel floral pajamas type outfit that I love for summer signings. It's casual, but looks fun, and people can usually spot me in a crowd. Problem is that I've worn it to the RWA signings probably since I've been published, that's 6 years.

Naturally, I have jewelry that matches, etc.

So, I am wondering. Would it be deleterious or a comfort to a reader if you see me in the same thing year to year? Do you even notice?

I'm not usually an indecisive person, but Conference Clothes brings the wishy-washy out in me.

And I can't find my two Shakespeare shirts that I use when travelling.

May you costume your characters well today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger Merry said...

It doesn't bother me if someone wears the same thing to specific events (and if I was looking for someone, knowing that they were wearing their signature outfit would help!) I just don't get over excited about clothes, so I wouldn't think 'wow, she hasn't bothered buying anything new' rather, it would be 'oh my god! There they are! Where's the book I want signed?'
But that's just me! LOL

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say please yourself!

On backgrounds, so far I like the velvet one best.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm usually not observant enough to notice if a person wears the same thing year to year. Besides, writers are supposed to be eccentric, right? That's what I tell myself.

I like Monday's background the best so far.

2:49 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks for the input, folks. Think I'll be unfashionable (Oh, Robin's wearing that outfit AGAIN) and do it.

Robin

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]