On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Timing of Reviews -- Promotion

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThe first reviews of Heart Dance (coming July 2) are beginning to appear on the net and in print (may post some tomorrow). I've been worried about this book since it's in trade paperback, the characters aren't well known secondaries, and, ok, the hero is more beta than alpha.

Just plain nervous.

Most reviewers (all right, the ones who like my book), send me reviews before or as they are posted, so I can use them for promotion. If I really wanted to ramp up the promotion, I needed to send ARCs of Heart Dance out six months ago. And I should really be promoting my buns off Right Now. But I have this pesky book to finish...

May people say kind words about your work today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking forward to reading about a more realistic fellow; therefore more exciting and sexy!
Will you start Heart Fate when you finish the twins?
Can't wait!

3:06 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks! Since I've sold Heart Fate, it is already started. I'm about 6-7 solid chapters into it and have a synopsis of course. But yes, I'll go immediately to that manuscript when I'm finished with Bri and Elizabeth.

Robin

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am looking forward to Heart Dance. Very excited the hero has an unusual occupation. Very interested in reading about a beta male.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]