On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Visualization

Like most writers, if I'm in the zone, I can see my story unwinding like on film -- their gestures, et cetera. And that's good.

But I also use visualization for my work. For instance today has been disjointed and I'm trying to figure out the sequence of some scenes. I think I need to push one back. It's a scene that I previously thought I should bring forward.

I still need to do some thinking, or letting the thing simmer in the back of my mind, so I'm visualizing myself packing up the laptop which is on the dining room table and walking down to Common Grounds this evening and working.

That helps.

May visuals come to you easily today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found this artist's website; you might enjoy it too.
carlshinkaruk.com

2:47 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you, there's a lot of great art on the web.

Robin

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]