On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, June 22, 2007

Weight of Subplots

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
From Tickie's Backgrounds. I think I'll have another tomorrow.


All right, I've just acknowledged to myself that Keepers of the Flames will be the lightest on the romance of any book I've ever written.

There's just too much character growth and plot. I have the twins who need to learn their lessons which is THE point of Luna, a woman's/womens' journey, and the fantasy stuff, and the fact that the twins have loving parents at home (don't think I've said that before), and keeping up with my old characters...and squeezing in the subplot that was to be book 5.

So both romances won't be as smooth or as up front as I'd anticipated, and the consummation scenes will be mostly fade to black.

This is not necessarily a bad thing except for my avid romance readers, and they should be able to "forgive" me one book.

When you weave or juggle, you have to weigh your plots and decide which are the most important. With Luna's it's the women's journey and the fantasy.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking how I might possibly re-work a series for Nocturne....maybe.

May you know where you're going today.
Robin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is absolutely wonderful!!!!
Maybe you can have a rota of the two or three best backgrounds?

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope we get the 5 book somehow! I am sure all your readers will ask for it and a 6 too.

11:03 AM  
Blogger talia pente said...

Just please give us the details with Faucon.

:)

t.

9:15 PM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

I love the background! It makes me want to spin it into yarn!

10:27 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you, folks.

I might rotate every month or two. Messing around with the template every day eats up a bit of time.

Book 5 and 6 of the Summoning series will be Keepers of the Flames, and what is currently titled Singer for a World.

Faucon is eminent in Keepers. We have scenes in his Point of View.

Robin

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]