On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Office Surroundings Again

It's 8 am and I'm writing in the dark. My office faces south, so I get direct sunlight all winter and it pretty much leaves in late April (I think, I meant to note it down, but didn't).

And it's getting hot in Denver, and I have the massive computer that puts out heat. So the blinds are drawn and the fan is pumping cool air in (until about 10 am, then I turn it on at night).

Meanwhile, since this has just started, and it's the first time I've been here in the summer as a full time writer, I am not accustomed and am not working well. I think I need sunlight. Like, who wants to turn on a lamp and add heat? But I can't see the function keys of my keyboard well, since my fingers are small it's a stretch and the first few times I look, especially since I have to turn the function keys on and off.

I did my work yesterday while catsitting (yeah, that again, because my massage therapist is working this), so I think I'll pop down to Common Grounds. I want pie for breakfast.

May you enjoy the light of your day.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger talia pente said...

I love this background, Robin. Any my daylight was spent doing errands of the housekeeping sort. Now as the light fades, my writing may kick in. Maybe. I certainly hope so. If not, I will have to squirrel some ideas away during the FT job tomorrow.

Not enough hours in the day, it seems. I think a cleaning service would help a LOT.

;)

t.

5:31 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Oh, man, a cleaning service! I think I'd have to clean to have a cleaner in! I had a lady when I had a FT job, once a month. Sigh.

Make time for your writing, and definitely write any ideas down.

Robin

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]