On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Travel Reading

I've found that when I'm travelling, I will buy a book I've already read before sooner than I will something brand new. That isn't to say, comfort reads, no one could call Suze Brockman a comfort read, she is too exciting, but something I know the twists and turns to. I don't especially want my mind to be challenged, I think.

I wonder if I'm alone in this. If I'm not, all those airport shops carrying only the newest best sellers aren't as savvy as I thought.

Gotta go bone up on issues so I can vote on the dot at 7am (or near to, bound to be a big turn out).

May as well read the League of Women Voter's literature in the bath.

May you have an interesting twist or turn in your work today.
Robin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I travel, I prefer to read light material like gossip rags or sensuousprickly stuff like paranormal romances. But not something I've read before 'cos the books in airports cost about 30% more than the ones in the bookshops. Hmm, come to think of it, that's how I first came across your books. Heart Duel was sitting in an airport bookshop with that browngold cover...so pretty. The cover got me first. The blurb hooked me.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]