On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, October 30, 2006

Financial Freedom

It's late and even with the time change I am up FAR too late/early, and I'd like to get this done, but what I wanted to post -- my Mile Hi Con promo or my wallet calendars, are not readily available on this computer.

What to say that will be deep and meaningful? Ahem. I heard an author say that (s)he wanted a nap, but had already checked out of the room, and when (s)he got rich and famous (went Hollywood) (s)he would rent the room for an extra day.

I think my mouth fell open. Or I goggled. This author is quite famous according to me and I'm sure my money is a lot less. But after many years and many awards, the money is still tight.

Depressing. **Sigh** Financial freedom is nothing to be sneezed at, and I keep hoping that someday my writing will support me and cats.

May you write for the love of it (and what would your characters do if they had financial freedom?)

Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]