On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, November 03, 2006

WFC

Well, in Austin. Got up VERY early (2:30am) to get ready and fly. Biggest glitch was the Alamo rental car. They had a line and tried to sell many features to each person, which dumped me and my friend (Laura Givens was waiting for me, her plane had come in earlier and was one gate away) into rush hour traffic, which, with a couple of accidents, was nasty. Also directed us to the wrong Fairfield Inn, despite me saying NORTH. I could go on but that's enough.

Anyway, had planned on meeting up with some of the other Luna writers and looking at bats, but the bats have left for Mexico (Austin is having cold weather -- 64 degrees -- so I guess the bats knew it was really fall).

We did sit close to the others at dinner (space was too limited at the tables of the restaurant to actually sit with them). Registered at the conference (green room was closed) had a drink, went up to the con suite.

I have a reading today that I should practice for. Laura is still sleeping, but the alarm should wake her momentarily.

Will keep you up to date.

May you have a pleasant society of writers today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]