On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, November 04, 2006

WFC 2

FIRST, IF I MISSED YOU AT THE SIGNING LAST NIGHT, PLEASE COME UP TO ME WHEREVER I AM (EVEN IF I'M WORKING OR IN A GROUP) AND ASK FOR ME TO SIGN YOUR BOOKS. I AM WEARING THE BLOUSE YOU SEE IN MY PIC ABOVE...AND I WEAR GLASSES!

Yes, the Luna authors here (except Michelle Sagara) went out to dinner last night with our editor and got back to the signing late. All the tables M-Z looked crammed, so I really didn't set up until I found out people were looking for me and I sat between Maria Snyder and Gail Dayton. But I think I escaped someone, so FIND me.

Renewing acquaintance with the Luna ladies, and meeting Laura Ann Gilman, was a lovely part of this con. The reading went well yesterday, though I was hurrying since I went first and I wanted everyone to get a chance. I don't know about Jeri Smith-Ready, but I think the other three of us were nervous. Gail said she's nervous until she gets "on stage" then calms.

What else? Mostly hung, looked at the art show, my roomie, artist Laura Givens, has made contact with a couple of people to work for, so she's chuffed. Went to lunch with the Luna ladies so we could talk before dinner with our editor, then our editor walked in during the afternoon and we had business discussion then and more socialization later.

Got up this am with a couple of sentences running through my mind on a VERY different project I have the 1st chapter for, so thought I'd come down to the breakfast room, write this and work.

Will be leaving at about 4am tomorrow am, so don't look for my post unless I upload it at one of the airports...or until I get home at about 1pm my time.

May you be enthused today. (and may you NOT give yourself a deep papercut on your ring finger of your right hand or closed your right thumb into a dresser drawer).

Smooches.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful art work by Ms Givens, thanks for her website address.
Looking forward to more info about all your adventures at the convention.Wish I was there and could get some of those calendars!

6:20 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Actually, the first person I spoke with was ANN who'd wanted my books signed. Very serendiptity and cool. Fate, I guess.

I had a pretty good time.
Robin

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]