On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Celebrate Romance Convention

Image hosting by Photobucket Tomorrow evening I leave for Celebrate Romance. Right now my desk and credenza are stacked with goodies that will go in my raffle bag (the pet carrier). My books, of course, and something for each.

HeartMate: Tea and Tarot Cards
Heart Thief: Fortune Teller
Heart Duel: Pet Carrier
Heart Choice: Bookmark from Cliveden

Road of Adventure: WhimsyClay Cat Pin

Guardian of Honor: Jade Chopsticks and Holder, Tea
Sorceress of Faith: Chinese Knot


Additional Goodies
ROUGH DRAFT ARC OF HEART QUEST.

Butterfly Pin
Fairy on Moon Pin
Heart Box

Yesterday I got my hair cut and my suitcase out (in the scary storage room where Cats are not allowed but by which, of course, they are fascinated).

I'll pack today -- a mixture of casual and Author Clothes. I need to get my wallet calendars together and rustle up my labels so I can put them on back of a Mini Connolly Tarot Deck as gimmies during the signing.

I'm leading a discussion on covers so I printed some out last night -- with 3 samples each of Cartoon Covers, Kick-Ass Heroines, The Hunk Hero, and The Classic Clinch. I'll be taking what cover flats I have, too, but think I might have only 1 each of the old HeartMate, Heart Thief and Heart Duel. And the cover flats I have for Heart Thief and Heart Duel don't quite match the actual book covers. Luna made a little blooper with the Protector of the Faith cover so I am taking that, and it's correction.

Since I can only find about 5 copies of HeartMate I'm willing to give away, I printed off a VERY ROUGH copy of Heart Quest and that will be in my raffle basket (Diva is sitting on it to remind me it's time for Food as I type).

I'll let you all know how it goes!
May your characters get in trouble today.
Robin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish you a lovely time and look forward to reading your comments on the convention. I have never attended any and they seem exotic and lots of fun.
I'd love to be lucky enough to peek at the draft of Heart Quest.
When will it be for sale? So you can put a bit of the next on your website. Greedy as you can notice!

12:44 PM  
Blogger merlinsmuse said...

Have a great time, Robin. I leave tomorrow morning to go to Ad-Astra in Toronto (only 45 minute drive from home) I'm hoping to register for a workshop with Anne Bishop, whose work I love, and I've been fortunate enough to book dinner at the table of Terry Brooks and his wife. This is my first conference weekend and am looking forward to it with nervous trepidition. My publicist will be selling copies of my book, Sword Across Time, at her table and I'll be running from one event to the next.

I look forward to hearing all about your weekend away.

Cathy

1:58 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Have a wonderful time!!!!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Alexis Moon said...

*sigh* sounds like fun. I wish I where able to go. All the prizes sound so wonderful... Maybe next year.

Have fun, stay safe, and take lots of notes! I want a journal entry the size of a small novel when you get back. Dish on everything! LOL

5:56 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks folks,

Reader, Heart Quest will be out in September. I'll be posting the cover next week.

Good going Cathy! I'm sure you'll have a great time. I'm thinking Celebrate Romance is a bit more laid back.

Thanks, Michele.

And Amber, I've been keeping entries relatively short 'cause I thought most folks might get bored.

Robin

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]