On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, March 20, 2006

Author's Reading Copy

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket I found it! My original "Reading Copy" that I marked up for several reasons...marked the sections I read, circled the words I'd stumble over, put "slow" in the margins, added names. For a while I used "signature excerpts" under my emails...so I have those marked. With my website, I try and tie in my prizes to excerpts, one each chapter, so those are indicated. I sent out email postcards (hmmm, will do one this week for you) to different groups -- cat groups, pagan groups, readers who like sexy excerpts groups...with different excerpts, so those, TOO, are noted.

Now I'll check the scenes with T'Ash wearing a vest, then in the garden shed thinking about gangs...though I'll probably do a word search on "gang" on my computer, too.

You can see why I didn't want to lose this particular book. It has gold labels on it, too, to let me know that this is MY main author's copy...an oval label that says "Local Author" and one that says 2002 RITA(R) WINNER! The corners are turned up...yup, love this particular book. Someday it might sell for big bucks on ebay (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha).

May you include an object special to you today in your writing.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]