On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Office / Cave

It's been nearly a week of gray days and, yes, it's affecting me. The cold has ensured that I keep bulky layers on and the snow means I don't walk much...um...did I tell you all I had a little fall last Saturday? Wrenched my right ankle...anyway it's still twinging and I don't want to take it out in the snow.

Bottom line is, I'm stuck at the desktop in my office. I've been keeping downstairs too cool to really work there on a laptop. The office is the warmest room in the house, especially with the monster 'puter running.

Anyway, I was asked for pics of "my cave" and used some of the horse camp film to take them. These are actually the TIDIED desk...yeah, chaos happens...

http://www.paigecuccaro.com/OwensCredenza.jpg
is my credenza with RITA, too high and stuffed for my now-older cats to hop up onto.

Desk (wincing) http://www.paigecuccaro.com/OwensDesk.jpg

As you can tell I can handle what my ex-interior-designer roomie calls "pattern intensive" space...lots of stuff to look at everywhere. I DID take the pic of the desk with the Protector of Flight cover, which you can barely see. The stack to the right is much smaller, and I've been working on the bookcase, too.

Love to all,
Robin

5 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

I like the Scorpio mug. ;)

It's not such a bad space, Robin. you have a lot more than I do. I have a computer "wardrobe" that when it gets too insane, I can close the door on the mess, though I just cleaned mine and I think I am writing better because of it.

I have a couple of swan knic-knacs because they remind me of my godmother who was a BIG romance reader. When she passed, I started writing and I beleive her spirit guides me.

I have some wolf stuff too. I love wolves and in this part of Jersey, we have a wolf preserve not far so I can see them in person. They have timber wolves and arctic. ;)

I also have lotsa paper, pens, writing tablets and my stash of floppies and my "toolbox" that includes The Elements of Style, GMC, Writing the Fiction Synopsis, Elements of Description, Rogets's Theasaurus of phrases.

Not too chaotic, though the cleaning/organizing did take me about 2 hours.

I think sloppy spaces is more common than neatnik work areas in the biz so you are not alone!

terri

11:37 AM  
Blogger merlinsmuse said...

*Shaking head* And I thought my desk was messy. I'm surrounded by faerie figures, a couple of mini teddy bears, a life-size statue of a red-tail hawk (one of my spirit guides), a photo of me and my hubby with our archery equipment, a couple of photos of my dog, who we put down last year, beeswax candles, research books and material. The list goes on. Actually, I'm lucky because I have a work area for my desktop and a work area for my laptop. One is for dojo business and the other is my writing space. My point is that I have twice as much room to put stuff...I guess it also means I have twice as much room to get messy.

Cathy

6:58 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL, and I had tidied up...an ongoing process. The office has no door which means cats can stroll in and out (or hide and pounce) as they please. The room is small, about 12x12.

Yes, I like books and I like stuff.
Robin

12:33 PM  
Blogger TeeBee said...

How *cool* is your phone??
:-D Just found your blog again, really pleased I did - I re-read Heartmate the other day and it is still just as wonderful as the first time around :-)
TeeBee

7:27 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, they were all the rage a while back...I once had a plumber in who said that he'd visited 3 houses that day all with phones like mine. ;)

But if I like some furnishing, it usually stays until it breaks...

Robin

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]