On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Writing Out of Sequence

Well, my Monday wasn't as productive as I had hoped. I wove about four chapters together and cleaned them up -- still leaving some ** for names and scents until I get Scott Cunningham's Magical Aromatherapy. Seems my hero Winterberry has a sensitive nose, who knew? So I decided to let myself rip and write out of sequence.

Out of sequence writers are about 50% of us (in a very informal around-the-table luncheon poll). So I stuck my butt in the chair last night and the muse was generous. I wrote part of the Black Moment (when the hero and heroine break up and All Is Lost), then a good chunk of the Climax, and when the hero has the Awful Realization. The last is my verbage -- in this story it is the hero being stubborn about loving the heroine, all along. So it is he who must make the last move, thus the Awful Realization that she is (a. either in danger) or (b. he can't live without her).

So last night went well and I am pleased except that I woke up in the middle of the night wanting to write with ideas buzzing in my head and had to force myself back to sleep so I'd be a little fresh for the day job.

Love to all,
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

Boy did Anon pick the wrong blog for this spamment. Nothing like a little plagerism to build a writing empire, eh, Robin?

8:20 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, sex, I saw your message first. The fligger (Heart book cuss word) hit between the time I left home and got to work. I am TRYING to stay open, without having to do the type in thing, we'll see how long that lasts...I wonder what keyword set him off. Lately the others have been buried in the archives....

Thanks again,
Robin

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]