On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, September 26, 2005

Conventions

I've overextended myself on conventions this year. There are many reasons to go to various conventions for a writer:

Romantic Times (to promote and meet readers and friends)

Romance Writers of America (or other professional association -- to network with editors and agents and colleagues and meet friends)

Archon (see above link -- to promote, and, hey, guess what two of my favorite people will be there -- Harry and Susan Squires -- Harry writes as H.R. Knight)

Mile Hi Con (to have fun with friends, to promote -- hey, I've been going to this one for years!)

World Fantasy Con (to network -- but I have to miss this one, my niece is getting married)

So that's it. Next year I'm already promised to RWA in Atlanta, where my agent is, and Romantic Times, where a good friend, Linnea Sinclair is.

But if you're an introverted writer -- these can be exhilerating but draining.

See you online, and may you find inspiration within and without today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

I always dread cons and appearances but then enjoy the heck out of them once I'm there. Looking forward to my first RWA and possibly RT cons next year.

6:30 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, I am hoping that I'll have fun. Maybe fun enough to do it again when I am better prepared (ha, ha, ha).

Thanks for the thoughts. Good Luck at the Southern Festival, Chey.

Robin

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]