On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Archon 1 -- Romance vs. SF/F

Well, I'm here, but I am having doubts. It will be better when the con is actually going. I've attended Mile Hi Con for years, but this is supposed to be much bigger.

And I'm afraid of tomatoes. Ok, some people might not be that rude, but on the whole, the romance genre isn't given a great deal of respect. This is true of sf/f fans (science fiction/fantasy fans, too) So, though this con is trying to talk about cross-over and has a couple of lines of programming on it, I don't know. I was singed badly at a con a couple of years ago -- truly the most humiliating moment of my life (and NO I won't tell the story. Ever.) So I am a little wary.

I slacked off in getting promo items (teaser booklets) of Guardian of Honor, so most of my promo stuff is for the Heart books -- wallet calendars, etc. and some booklets, but I am hesitating putting them out. I DID bring all my cover flats for Guardian and Sorceress and will put them out, whether anyone will want them, I don't know. I'll see how things swing before I put out the leftover booklets (HeartMate, Thief, and Duel).

Now, I went to bed at 10:30, got up at 1:30 and I'm pretty beat, so off I go...

May the writing come smoothly today.

Love,
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

Robin, you are such a sweet person that I cannot imagine anyone being mean to you. Humiliate you?

Ooooo! That makes the Italian in me want to give them the horns.

We got people in Jersey who can take of people like that you know.

;)

Terri

11:25 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ah, the person has already been dealt with -- you know those folks who swallowed frinks in Guardian of Honor?

BIG EVIL GRIN.

Love,
Robin

8:29 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

ROTFL!!!

Good!

;)

Terri

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]