On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, October 18, 2010

Process: Out of Sequence

Everyone writes differently, and every book gets written differently...at least by me, it does. I've been cleaning up Heart Search for so long IN SEQUENCE that I was afraid all the joy was wrung from it. But this morning I woke up with an opening to the Black Moment (when the relationship breaks and all seems lost).

I literally spent hours last night figuring out the scenes for the next two chapters -- I rarely do this, so it takes me a long time when I do. I also wasn't sure WHO would be the one, Laev or Camellia, who would be the most resistant to love...i.e. cause the black moment.

But when I woke up, I knew and things felt right. And I've written some words out of sequence, so, WHEW!

May you find joy in life today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Sounds good. I hope you keep the joy of writing.

Janice~

9:56 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I still haven't worked on the chapters, but at least I know what's next...

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]