On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

**Whispering** no, I am not working on Heart Search (though I did this week). I am not working on the Heart Collection, though I added a new beginning (again) to Heart Story, Arbusca Willow's story, yesterday.

An opening came to me last night for the 3rd book in my Luna contract. The proposal is due sometime next spring. I have the first scene done now. Not critiqued and as polished as I can get it on one sitting, but done.

I feel good about it. I usually nail 3 out of 5 beginnings, and the other two are pure misery (see above with Heart Story). Usually if I can ditch the awkward stories, I do. Sometimes ideas just can't be saved.

As for this one, probably to be entitled Enchanted Ever After (not my idea/choice), my editor might not go for the opening, so I may have to cut it, but I'm happy with it now.

And I really do love "Oops." as an opening line. ;)

May you enjoy your work and play.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]