On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, October 11, 2010

Lost In The Plot

Every book is different, and somewhere a portion will trip me up. In my first books, I usually had problems at the third turning point. Occasionally I will have to rework the first chapter, or the middle of the story is actually the last that I write.

With Heart Search, it's the setup. Getting lost in setup (first quarter of the book), is rare for me and I struggled with it. So I've been cutting and slashing and rearranging and it's a much better story...it's just taken time and today was a ten hour day...with few new words.

But the new words were good. ;)

May you enjoy your work.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]