On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Favorite Work & Least Favorite

Photobucket

I get this often. What is my favorite book that I wrote? Answer is ALWAYS, the one I just finished, in this case, Enchanted No More.

What is my least favorite? The one I'm working on now.

However, as I was working on Heart Search, I needed to look at Heart Dance and began reading and was favorably impressed with myself! =:0

Photobucket

I always considered Heart Dance a simpler story in a close setting, not as great in scope as some of my other works, and for that reason perhaps lesser. I was wrong. I apologize to my work. ;)

It's boosting to read stuff that you wrote and think is good, even when you think you're slogging now.

May you be enthused about your work today.
Robin

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heart Dance is my single favourite book in this series. I like the idea of the woman being the head of her family. I want her to be called D'Thyme and not become known as D'Willow. Does that make T'Willow also T'Thyme?

I want to know what is happening with the heart stones for the residence of Thyme.

My favourite.

Tine

11:47 AM  
Blogger azteclady said...

Well, I don't know that I would call it intimate, but it is definitely a GOOD book--I need to get off my behind and write reviews for the rest of the series (now that I got them all... and am waiting (im)patiently for Heart Search)

6:53 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks. There are, actually, quite a few head of the Families who are female. In the first book, Danith was going to become D'Mallow.

One female, D'Grove, was the Captain of the FirstFamilies Council and all the other councils. I have a list of the FirstFamilies and whether the head is male or female on my Worlds page under Heart Thief. This was the vote as to whether to banish Ruis or execute him.

I'm not sure when I'll get back to the Thyme HouseStones, but I'll put that down on a list for short stories.

Robin

10:49 AM  
Blogger Ang from Oz said...

Seriously Robin, all your books are full of Awesomeness!! (I know that's not really a word.. but hey!)Eagerly awaiting Heart Search!! And can't wait to see the cover for real!! Its so dark!

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Bbasney said...

I second the request for more information on the Thyme heartstones and add in a request for more of the Turquoise House! As much as I love fams, the residences are also one of the things that make your works so uniquely pleasurable reads. It fulfills my long held dream of knowing what my home would really say "if walls could talk!"

3:27 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thyme Heartstones and the Turquoise House. I usually mention the Turquoise House in every book, even if we don't visit. And extremely astute readers should already have a hint as to who will ultimately live there....

Robin

9:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heart Thief is my favorite of all the books. Ruis immediately captured my attention, I never saw him as a villian or "bad". He and Ship and Samba (along with Ailim of course) just work for me. my least favorite: Del & Razz, just didnt work for me on any level. However, the background on the other ship was great! look forward to more. so glad to see you're finally (in my mind at least) getting to Laeve, I've been waiting and hoping for his story, thank you. Camillia caught my eye from the first so again, i'm happy.

3:45 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Patricia, a lot of people like Heart Thief the best, it's my Outcast Rebel story. Sorry Del and Raz didn't work for you, if I COULD please everyone, I would. ;) Yes, Heart Journey has the beginning of a new subplot.

Robin

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]