On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Heart Collection

I don't think that I announced what the (current) title of the Heart Collection of stories will be. My editor and I agreed that it would be Hearts & Swords, and that each story will have both ;)

Anyway, the longest one will probably be Heart & Sword which has always been the title of the novella I wanted to write about the discovery of Celta by the colonists on the starship of Nuada's Sword. :)

Currently I'm calling Genista's (formerly Genista Furze Holly, Tinne's wife) story Heart & Soul.

Arbusca (Blush) Willow's story is simply Heart Story (or I suppose it could be HeartMate and True Love or something).

Today I figured out a title for "The Clovers Get A Noble Title," and wrote a little on it: "Walker Wins His HeartMate and Sword." I'm not totally certain that Walker Clover will be the hero, but I think it will work. As you may or may not know he is the Ashes baby-wrangler.

Any comments are appreciated.

Robin

7 Comments:

Blogger Ang from Oz said...

My comment probably isn't really helpful to you, but just wanted to say how much I look forward to your Celta books. And a Collection of stories about different people is very exciting!! I hope the people have Fams!

3:29 AM  
Blogger azteclady said...

I'm with Ang--I don't have anything constructive to say, except that I will get the books the moment they come out.

Thank you for writing such a compelling world, populated by so many memorable characters!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to any new Celta book. Love to read new details about the place!
Here are a few thoughts about the titles:How to win your Heart & Sword
A New Noble House
Winning your own Heart & Sword
Prize: Heart & Sword
Fighting for a Heart & Sword
Heart & Sword's prize
Conquering Heart & Sword
Becoming a new Heart & Sword
Obtaining a Heart & Sword

A question: do you get any realties from e-books? I liked to read Heart Journey in my iPad, but would not buy the book that way if you don't get realties! I still get the actual book, but I'd prefer to wait for the mass market paperback, I don't like the big size ones myself.

Thanks

12:14 PM  
Blogger Wasanaa said...

I love the Heart series. While I prefer my books of a series to be same size, I jump at the first release of any Heart stories. I don't really remember Walker Clover, but that is a good excuse to re-read the series. (I have done this several times already. lol). I am very glad that the Clovers get a story as they are a great family. Clovers could be Heart Flourish. hehe.

You have so many wonderful characters and such amazing worlds. Thank you for writing.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, the Clover story now makes me want to call the title Hearts in Clover ^^, but I like all the titles so far.

12:20 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Anon. Thanks for the title helps. I'm saving them. I DO get royalties from ebooks, so feel free to buy. I have a lot of ebooks myself on my itouch.

Estara **snorting with laughter**, Hearts in Clover, thanks! Didn't even think of that, nice image!

Walker Clover is mentioned in Heart Choice in passing by name. I think he might be alluded to in Heart Fate in the scene at the Green Knight Fencing and Fighting Salon (I should be writing, not looking this stuff up), but I'll make a note to do that.

Thanks, all!
Robin

8:03 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yup, a passing reference in one of the scenes at the Green Knight Fencing and Fighting salon...

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]