On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Heart Journey Cover Scene

NOTE: THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN DELETED UNTIL I RECEIVE THE NEW COVER.

All right I've been giving it some thought. The background in Heart Journey is not Del's estate in Druida City, nor Raz's family's estate. It's not the city itself. It's not Gael City or Raz's family's home there (though I suppose I could put it there).

The background is NOT an alpine-like spot in their journey through the Hard Rock mountains. Mentor pointed out that it could be part of the Great Labyrinth and I think that would work -- but Raz is never IN the Great Labyrinth...so the best I could do, I think, is to add a few paragraphs of Del dreaming, this will be near the end of the book.

So is it important to you that the scene is in the book or not? (And I will have to add the symbol for Lugh's Spear and Raz's tatt -- I thought it would be on his chest).

Gimme opinions here.

May you enjoy the art of the world today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Peggy said...

I can't say it matters to me one way or the other whether the scene depicted on the cover is actually in the book (assuming, of course, that it's not 100% different from the story/book/world; I mean, if there's a spaceship on the cover, but it's a historical, then yeah, I have a problem).

Helpful, I know. Sorry.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you have seen the forests in Washington and Portland, in USA and British Columbia, BC, this looks very much like it. A bit cold to go shirtless unless middle of the Summer and even then can be too cold!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing as Anon did. The lushness of the forest does not remind me of the Amazon Jungle, but, more of the forests that you would find in the Northwest. Does the couple ever get up to the Great Bog? I don't think that the cover not matching would be too much of a problem, unless of course, the story takes place on the ocean or in the desert.

Tine

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm okay with a cover not matching as long as the character depicted isn't totally different then the description in the book, i.e. blonde picture with redheaded character, etc.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]