On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, January 08, 2010

Writing Time vs. Reading Time

Last week and the week before I worked on Chapter 5 of Enchanted No More. Saturday my critique group met and all this week I've revised -- for the third or fourth time -- Chapter 3 (an Elemental Balancer is quite different from a Timeshifter, and the River of Time was actually easier to describe than my idea of the interdimension). If I did my job right, you will sigh and sympathize in chapter 3 and shudder in Chapter 4. But these chapters are around 15-16 manuscript pages. They should read in a few minutes.

That's my job. (Long and grumpy whine cut here, be grateful).


May you enjoy reading today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! long and difficult to write and read so quickly!... But a book can be enjoyed mored than once!
Have a look at Arthur Ericksson, Architect, houses. They are beautiful and in beautiful forest settings some of them.
Thanks

3:50 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks for letting me know of Arthur Ericksson, will do!
Robin

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]