On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Heart Journey's Cover

NOTE: THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN REMOVED AND WILL BE REPLACED WHEN I RECEIVE THE NEW COVER.


I'm doing an ad in Romance Sells and had to submit the cover, so I got it from my editor. Like most of my covers I am ambivalent about it (Loved Heart Duel and Heart Change at first sight, also Sorceress of Faith, Protector of the Flight).

So here it is for your comments. Heart Journey will be out in August.



May you enjoy your own imagination today.

robin

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From your description of the male lead of Heart Journey he is a sofisticated fellow but on this cover he looks like a wild cave-man!... Your readers won't judge the book by its cover. If the novel is good we'll love it anyway and as for the publishers they just want to get attention and more money; who knows? it might work!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a complete change from you other covers. I remember you saying that covers change about every 4th or 5th book and this is definately a change both in content and color as well. I personally wasn't too crazy about the torso look, so this is better that the others. I love the lushness of the forest/jungle and the colors involved. The colors of the last couple of covers have been pretty sedate and monotone. Not this cover!

August is such a long ways away. Pooh, pout.

Tine

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a cave in the background?

Tine

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh, it definitely is different from the rest. It's going to get some taking use to.

5:57 AM  
Blogger ddsun.rm said...

To be honest, I like the style of the last covers better. Won't stop me from buying it, of course.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Ang from Oz said...

I must agree with the others this is a very different cover from those previous. It still looks great! And I can't wait for Heart Journey, and to dive back into the wonderful world of Celta!

Best Wishes.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]