On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ordeals -- Ready? -- Vogler

I usually write to the "Writer's Journey" outline that was popularized by Christopher Vogler in the book of the same name and corresponds to Jospeh Campbell's studies of The Hero With A Thousand Faces and I'm up to the Ordeal.

I thought of it early yesterday morning, but I'm not quite ready to write it. I think because it should be a powerful scene and I want it right...though the most powerful scene I ever wrote, in Heart Choice, I just went with the flow.

But this one, I think I want my subconscious working on for a while, so I'll let it mull, and write it tomorrow. Critique is today.

Though I might also be hesitating because I know it will be wrenching if I do it right.

May you enjoy your creative process today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]