On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sometimes Life Gets in the Way

Photobucket

I am a big believer in writing no matter what, but the signing I went to happened to coincide with the Air Force - Army game (can we say TRAFFIC!) and took me all day. I've continued to mess with the insurance re: my minor accident, I had some family stuff, and I went down to put some summer fans away in the basement and found my hot water heater leaking yesterday am....

So I went to Lowe's and was about to pay $700 for a heater and install when they said they wouldn't install because there is no drain in the basement floor. The house is coming up on 100 years old, so, like, OF COURSE no drain.

So I haven't written. I COULD have, there is something to be said for just getting words down on the page, words, after all, can be revised, a blank page can't.

I allowed myself to be distracted. Today will be better. I have a charity lunch (I was auctioned off), and tomorrow I take the car in, but...I've been thinking about the book and that is always a very good sign.

BTW, bro came over, I led him to the basement and there was no wetness under the hot water heater. SIGNS of leakage but nothing immediate that I need to take care of before I leave for South Carolina on Saturday. Huge relief.

I WILL write this afternoon.

May you be very pleased with the world today,
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]