On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Who Wrote That?

I'm not sure whether I titled this right, but I've been looking on amazon again (not at my stuff), and I've run into the "this author couldn't have written this book." And where/how/why this has come to pass in the reviews section, I don't know.
But the fact that such a comment on amazon is so widespread completely eludes me. Most of us don't have the money to share it with others who will write with us.

I don't know where the idea comes from or why it is so prevalent. Does anyone have any idea about this?

Personally, I know of only three of all the authors I know, who have had someone else write with them that are not acknowledged on the book. For two of these authors, it was a one-time deal, tragedy struck and they needed help (and no, I was not asked to give the help).

Remaining clueless...and may you have a good day today, (and bro about to turn off the electricity to mess with a ceiling fan).

Robin

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"this author couldn't have written this book."
Do you mean that some reviewers make this kind of comment about some books?
It seems that they'd like to be able to "pigeonhole" everyone and as soon as there is any thing original they freak out!How boring!
Riminds me of a quotation I saw once about "reality being stranger than fiction, because reality doesn't have to make sense!. Probably changed all the wording for the worst but I think I got the gist of the thing and couldn't agree more.
Ignoring that kind of "herd" mind-set should be one of the most important task of a writer... and we readers will appreciate it too!.

11:42 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, I see that often, now...who is writing his/her books...I think it started with the Anne Rice flap a few years ago.

In stories, characters need to be more logical than real people ever are.

Robin

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]