On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Settings -- Some Places Haunt You

I don't know about you, but I dream of places all the time. And I'll dream of locations I've been, even if I don't recall where they are -- so if I run into them again, I get a surrealistic visual echo...and maybe a couple of flashes of dream images.

There were places in Georgetown that featured in my dreams. And a couple of places at Dumbarton Oaks, and even some streets here in DC. Some of this I anticipated, and some not.

I wanted to get back to Dumbarton Oaks when I was writing Heart Fate, because the secret garden of BalmHeal/First Grove was set there, but I couldn't swing it financially.

Soooo....my advice: just do the best you can with memory and make up with imagination...and don't use photos that you don't take without the permission of the photographer (which is why I have LOTS of Dumbarton, but not as many as I like because my battery gave out...luckily, since visiting Cliveden, I have a rule of going first to the place that I MUST have photos of.

May you enjoy all the images that come to mind today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]