On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Off to RWA

Since I haven't heard regarding the new Luna proposal, this is a more nervous-making RWA than usual. I'll be checking in with both my editors and my agent. There will be cocktail and dance parties.

There will be old friends.

My Mom is going with me and will be touring DC on her own. We will both probably go to Dumbarton Oaks (the idea of which was the secret garden in the Heart books), so I can take many photos.

I finished up my page proofs on Heart Change late last night. There were some awkward sentences and my friend didn't like my motivation for the last fight of the book and the results, so I've changed that. Not many changes, a few lines.

To be honest, I had trouble looking at it.

That's all for now. I hope to check in with you all during RWA. Take care and may you have safe journeys wherever you go today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Lived in the DC area for 9 years, and now that so many authors I like will be there, I live in AL! :P
Have fun, and if you have time the Smithsonian is always new and interesting!

7:44 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Mareofearth, and we will be in Nashville next year, not sure if that is closer.

Robin

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]