On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

WORLDCON - DENVENTION Day 1

Well, I tore myself away from loafing and took the bus to Denvention. The first person I saw was a woman I'd been in the improv group with, and her husband who reviews for the Denver Post as I waited to register. Then I saw Carol Berg, sauntered down to look for the green room and saw a panel with a local friend on it, sat in, saw another local author, wandered around, listened to Connie Willis.

Anyway, it's odd. The tribe thing. For a long, long time a big part of my life was being a sf fan, at least participating. But they don't feel like my main tribe now and I'm not exactly sure what my main tribe is. Writers, perhaps subheading, published. OTOH, I wasn't at all uncomfortable.

Of course I took the bus, and when I decided to come home, it was RAINING. It hasn't rained all summer long, and it's raining (still). Why?

READING: AND I'LL DO THIS WITH A SEPARATE POST.

TO MY AMAZEMENT I AM READING ON SATURDAY 2:30 FOR 1 1/2 HOURS!!! What were they thinking that it would go on so long. I'm already dreading (no negative thing written here, but you can imagine). Anyway I will bring stuff -- some Heart Fate...and some of the Luna books, Keepers of the Flame, of course, the scene in the grocery store. Urgh.

Little shock.

That's it, I want to go bury my head in the sand now, thank you very much.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]