On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, July 28, 2008

Avery and HP and Corel, Oh My

Well, Hp informed me that their printer is incompatible with Wordperfect and that's why they won't print business cards or labels. Avery said the printer is bad because it won't print in word, either. Hp guy was on the phone with a sometimes VERY irate me because all I WANT TO DO IS PRINT business cards.

tough...I've worked on this all yesterday and all this am, and have found a work-around, but was literally on the phone with the hp guy 2+ hours. Terrible.

So I'm hot and whiny and since we USED all the sheets of business cards I bought trying to figure out the problem, I have to get more.

This all came about when my calendar person said that the firm she is now using will not do anything but jan-dec calendars and nothing other than the book cover can go on. Like, why bother? So I'll have to find another printer who will do July-August calendars, and maybe add my website on the front or back, if you know of one, let me know.

Anyway, house is a wreck, not packed, and I'd better get some sophisticat for Tommy.

Going now, maybe can write tomorrow.
May you not have anyone shouting in your ear. (I did apologize, but when he deleted my document I got irate).

Robin

6 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

Are you book covers based on canvas type paintings or computer created?

And if they are on canvas do you get to keep those created for your books?

12:05 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

They are all computer. I have a wonderful friend who frames the cover flats (or the actual book, or removes the cover from the book for Heart Dance trade paperback), very elaborately. Someday I may get a camera and try to photo.

Take care,
Robin

1:24 PM  
Blogger talpianna said...

Robin, all the LOLcats I've been sending you have been returned as undeliverable because your mailbox is full.

tal

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Jules and I work at bestrank.com, a company interested in blog advertizing. I found your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back for confirmation(jules@bestrank.com).Please include your blog's URL.
Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

Jules Viernes
BestRank.com

7:36 PM  
Blogger Suzane in VT said...

Had the same kind of non-compatibility problems between my HP laptop and a Lexmark printer last year. After numerous phone calls (some quite irate with frustration) to both, the last guy asked if we had Zone Alarm for our firewall. We said yes. Went to check it. *slapped head - duh!* Clicked it to allow the new printer access and it worked. Go figure.

You might want to try VistaPrint.com. Lisa Shearin recommends it highly (looking forward to meeting both you and her in person at RT next April). They do free stuff, but might also be able to do the calendar you want.

9:58 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Tal, thanks, I emptied the mail and it should work now. I love my LOL cats, they are a bright moment of the day.

I have lined up a new designer and printer. Laura Stephens @ wikkibird.com and she will have calendars by Worldcon! Wow. 2009 with Echoes In the Dark on it.

Robin

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]