On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Maggies!

The very first contest I entered was the unpublished Maggies (Georgia Romance Writers). I took third with Betrothal and Blackmail (never published). JUST got the call tonight that Protector of the Flight is a finalist! Hooray! I expected Protector of the Flight to do better in the contests. It's a more accessible book, some time is actually on Earth, etc. etc. It's also more of a romance.

I was very pleased to be a finalist in the National Readers' Choice Awards, but I'll be even happier if I win the Maggies! Anyway, that's the news tonight.

The contest season is drawing to a close. I believe there are only two main contests left.

May you do well with all your work.
Robin

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

Congrats on finalling!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]