On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Signing FRIDAY, World SF Con, Denvention 4:45PM

PhotobucketJust letting you know. Please stop by and talk. Panel at 5:30 on being a full time writer.

Love,
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

Why is Protector up for awards now instead of Keepers?

The awards I notice for books seem to be years behind the books published, why is that?

Get a chance to read Acheron yet? It was great! She references another book, quotes it actually, and the author in her story. I wonder if you do that, do you have to have the authors authorization?

It was something I'd wondered for a while. I had a story idea where a character could escape by entering books, and had wondered if I mentioned those books, characters, and scenes, if it would be copyright infringement, and how authors got around or permission to use others work.

3:50 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

It's always the books published in the previous year because, you know, books are continuing to be published this year so they can't enter....

HeartMate was published in December 2001 and I entered the RITA without even having a copy of the book in my hands.

Yes, you would have to get the permission from the author and/or the holder of the copyright to use that material. I'm sure Sherrilyn had no problem. She also writes as Kinley MacGregor, too. No I haven't read the book yet. I have been vegetating in a different way.

Take care,
Robin

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]