On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, July 31, 2008

RWA Day 1

It's been a very messy day with signing clothes (red kimono and cream colored silk shirt with chinese frog closures somewhat like Keepers of the Flame) left in a friend's closet so signed in a purple embroidered blouse I wear a lot and the brown trousers...things completely misplaced, my credit card stopped since I don't use it much and it was suspected it was stolen, I had to verify ten different things and all my purchases.

And wonderful: I met Kristin Ramsdell (hope I'm not brain dead on this and I spelled her name right), who named Heart Thief as one of the top 5 romances of 2003 and JUST gave me a STARRED review (of many reviews in the genre, it had a STAR) in Library Journal. Whew.... Someone dropped off a magazine with a german review for Sorceress of Faith which I think is called Sorceress of Lladrana...met up with old friends and new roomie, and editor who has read a lot of Echoes In The Dark and has some specific questions (sigh) and a bookseller who said she thought Echoes In The Dark was coming out in March...so it might have been put back without telling me yet. Had a shot but pithy talk with Mary Jo Putney, and passing talk with Chris Feehan. (Yeah, name dropping here), and met Linnea Sinclair and set up a dinner date with her, and so on and so forth.

I'm tired and my feet hurt and I realized when unpacking that though my suitcase is full of clothes, they don't seem to be the right ones...

Well, the party is continuing, so I may wander over to see the Squires.

May you enjoy your friends today.

Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Massey said...

[...]The Galaxy Express extends a hearty congratulations to author Robin D. Owens for scoring a starred review in Library Journal for HEART FATE![...]

7:44 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you. The ladies at LJ actually came over to me and told me of, then showed me the review.

Robin

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]