On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 01, 2008

Cautiously Optimistic about more Heart Books

Dear folk,

I met with my Berkley editor (Heart books) yesterday and my agent. My editor says she liked the 2 book proposal and the tentative date to turn in Heart Change is end of February for publication later next year. I know this is moving the books later, but I need the time ;), and maybe I can turn it in early! A new subplot came to me in the wee hours of the am, so I am very pleased.

We also talked about the Light Urban Fantasy Romance series (both editor and agent) and Berkley will probably get first shot at this. Still considering whether it will be a romance or slanted more to fantasy with heavy romantic subplot. If romance, my agent wants it to be hotter.

That's the news, but not all of it! I'm going to take off to Grace Cathedral shortly.

Thanks for all your support (oh, did NOT win National Readers Choice award).

Take care,
Robin

5 Comments:

Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

Yay on the two books! Pfui on the Reader's Choice award--obviously, they didn't ask the right readers. :-)

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just where do we need to go to vote for you in these things?

However, more books!!!!! And maybe a new series!!!!!

Tine

10:08 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Tine, you have to sign up as a reader in the Oklahoma chapter of the RWA...

THANKS, love Robin

12:25 PM  
Blogger Jenny Schwartzberg said...

Yay on more Heart books! Curious about the Urban Fantasy as long as you keep them light. I'm getting very tired of all the dark urban fantasy out there. On the other hand I'll check out your stuff no matter what.
Jenny

11:28 PM  
Blogger Lola said...

Yayyyy!!!! Can't wait for the Heart books!

I agree about urban fantasies . . . I haven't read much of these because I just can't get into those vampires and werewolf stories. If it's light with a good story line and character development, I might consider these.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]