On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day Off -- Weird stuff

I took yesterday off, since I was feeling achy, went to my massage therapist who had been down with a sinus thing, too (took a rare sinus pill yesterday). She, too, is having planes pass over her home -- apparently enforcing the no fly zone. Ok.

I postulated that the "energy" in Denver might be very different than what we're used to. I dunno. I listened to Connie Willis read Heinlein's speech at WorldCon and he made a point of not making judgments (kept rewriting that sentence and it kept coming out badly), but, man, I have trouble not making judgments about politicians and those who want power in the US political arena. I DID go to school in DC, and lived there for a while, too. I really don't believe any of them (and the lower they get, like the Denver City Council the worse it can be) truly believe in service. That's me and my beliefs. I'd like to think that they did, but I don't....

Obviously I'm getting sucked into the energy and the goings-on here.

IF YOUR NEAR DENVER, I AM SETTING UP A SIGNING, SEPT 9 AT LONE TREE BORDERS. I MUST BE MAD.

May you enjoy your day with or without politics.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzane in VT said...

Been wondering how you're making out with all that nonsense going on in town. Time to strengthen your energy shields, then add a bit of a mirror spell to reflect back anything no good for you. Works like a charm for me.

(sending calming energy your way)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Suzane in VT said...

...And on off-topic note:

For all those planning to go to the RT convention next Apr.: the site has opened for online registration.

Since I remembered hearing about the trouble with limited internet access in Pittsburg. I noticed there is a charge of $7.95/day in Orlando - UNLESS you are a Wyndham ByRewards member (which is free). Might not be a bad idea to sign up for that if you'll be going and staying at the hotel.

And Robin, I'm bringing my own herbal tea after what you said about the lack of it in Pittsburg. ;)

10:37 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Suzane,

I went and joined the Wyndham Rewards, also, I don't recall what I said about tea, but usually hotels have more herbal tea than black available. My local place and the Very Strong Black Tea, is my fav.

Robin

9:42 AM  
Blogger Suzane in VT said...

From what I recall, it was something along the lines of them only having Lipton available. ;)

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]