On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fan Comment -- Laugh of the Morning

Ok, I've been dragging around this am, slept some yesterday so woke up in the middle of the night (I think Tommy has been waking me up during my REM sleep, of course the sleep yesterday was a nightmare -- lost and hungry with no money and not speaking the language in France -- so I was glad to get out of there). Took the car in for a travel check before I drive up to the mountains tomorrow. I have used all my free AAA calls this year and renew in December...

So, I decided to check my email in case there was something I needed to respond to from my agent and editors. We have been talking. Or regarding the RMFW conference, the last two days of which I've been working on it. There were messages so I feel vindicated in doing the email instead of writing. ;)

As you may know, my contest email supplies a box for comments and today I got this one:

I love your books so much I buy duplicates. Of course my cat likes them too, she's eaten one and started on another before I caught her. :)

Priceless, now to work. I have the new Fancy Assam in my new Grace Cathedral labyrinth mug.

May you laugh today,
Ro

3 Comments:

Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

LOL! Cats are funny critters. My cats don't eat books, but they have licked the sizing out of the pages before. Usually at 2 in the morning, when I'm really trying my hardest not to wake up.

sluuuuuuurp!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reader..
If you want to see a cat eating a book look at this one
http://blog.janeaustenaddict.com/
I could not believe my eyes when I saw the photo of this cat.. thought she was mine!.. till I looked more closely and, of course, my cat is not sweet... but a little monster.
Looking forward to more Heart Books.
I get very curious when a post is erased. I always wonder why. Cannot help myself.
Have fun and thanks.

9:04 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL, that cat eating the corner of the cover was great! Anon, I think the post that was deleted was a double posting....

Robin

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]