On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Intense writing during this morning's word count. I've been restless and unable to settle down to work, even after all the tax documents were in my accountants' hands. So I allowed myself to write out of sequence -- way out of sequence.

Dawn before the battle.

You all know there's going to be a fierce and deadly battle in the last Luna book, right?

Anyway, I haven't written much before the battle because I've been wary about whether the emotional tone would be right by the time I got there. But I think this will work...and, of course, I didn't start as far in the scene as I'd originally intended, so after I walk down to Heidi's Deli (the original one) and get some ciabotta (sp), I can come back and do the other scene. Then maybe I won't feel so far behind.

RT is beginning to scare me. I am a complete introvert, and being there, I'll always have to be "on" try and be as charming as possible. Lately I've been very shy and grumpy and worried about Mistral. In fact, I'm behind on preparing for my panel and the Intergalactic Bar and Grille party.

And I haven't done my website update.

And I need to get my Hear books proposal in asap.

Sigh. How does this happen?

May you always be ahead of that stone rolling down at you like in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin;

I have friends who have to be on for a weekend at a time or more, so I know what you are going through. However, I am totally excited about the idea of coming to the weekend for the autograph signing. I really want to come and meet you and about a half a dozen other authors and it will take a massive mis-allignment of the stars for me to miss this. Keep up your spirits, I am sure you will have a great time once you get there.

Tine

10:57 AM  
Blogger Lauren Hawkeye said...

Well, we're going to be a great pair at Rt then, because I'm pretty introverted as well :S Maybe we can just hide in our room and catch up on our curretn wips :P

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could go myself, but funds won't permit it this year. And don't be afraid of us fans. We're more scared of saying something so absolutely stupid than you are afraid of us. We're all human, with all life's foibles and insecurities. Anyone who can't be patient or accepting of this isn't worth knowing in my book. You'll do just fine.

11:15 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I completely don't care how people act around me. Usually I'm a pretty laid back person with my friends, take me or leave me (I mean, I once went to work and found my shirt was inside out and it didn't even phase me...while I was bitterly self-conscious as a girl). But I don't want to fall off any pedestals, or not-be-charming, or be-thinking-of-other-things, when I'm being addressed.

Lauren, looking forward to meeting you.

Robin (who just misspelled her own name).

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]