On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Casting

All right. T'Ash is Lorenzo Lamas Photobucket FROM AN OLD PUBLICITY PHOTO FOR RENEGADE.
or a young Oliver Reed. Danith Mallow D'Ash is Linda Ronstadt.

Photobucket

Holm is Hardy Krueger Jr. with lighter hair:
Photobucket

PHOTO FROM THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE: http://www.kempf-theater.de/green/index.shtml

WHICH IS IN GERMAN.

I've become a fan of Dancing with the Stars and there's a blond dancer, Derek Hough, who is somewhat baby faced, but that man can MOVE. So no still photo from him. He's dancing with Shannon Elizabeth this year and I am just stunned by his grace. So he's going to be Tinne. :)

My heroine, Lahsin Burdock Yew, is very young and somewhat Asian looking so I haven't cast her yet....(just did) Angelica Panganiban. Picture is from the spread in Maxim Magazine, Issue 1, in the Phillpines.

Photobucket

Whew. Something done, now to study my panel questions....

Robin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree that Derek Hough would be Tinne. Good choice.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Lucious Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies?
I think that the more vague the description is (of physical characteristics ) , the more interesting it gets - in the long run for readers - since it leaves a lot to the imagination. And that is a good thing!

7:48 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Absolutely anon. In fact, this is the first time I've EVER revealed who I thought my characters looked like. But the RT panel DID want casting.

Robin

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well;

Lucius Malfoy could be Holm Sr. Julianne Moore for Passiflora?

Tine

10:52 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Not sure about Julianne Moore, in my head Passiflora is more voluptuous with rounded features and streaky bronze-blond hair...but that's me, and I don't know if I truly have an image of her....

The older "Malfoy" with more exuberance and a more charming manner (though equally sure of getting his own way), would be fine for Holly Sr. I'm sure, though, that I once said the father was not as handsome as the sons.


Robin

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]