On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, March 17, 2008

Work Days

It was snowing yesterday afternoon and when I went to bed. The cats woke me at 2:30 am for unknown cat reasons, I tromped downstairs and fed them and went back to bed, then they let me sleep in (with general cat protests throughout) for an hour.

Today is gray and started slowly. I haven't done any wordcount because I was tired and just generally lazing around, smug that I don't have to go out in the weather (just made an appt for 2, so I do).

I've been searching for a scene that I'm sure I wrote, I remember writing it that should happen about now (put chapters together yesterday and I'm working on 8). I can't find it. Don't recall, really, which machine I wrote it on, but have the tactile impression (which might be wrong), that it was on the laptop on the old glass dining room table, which meant before the glass broke and laptop crashed in November. So maybe I don't have a copy. Or maybe instead of searching my files, I should go back and check my log.

But I've given it the most amount of time that I can before I become increasingly frustrated (that's the new rule from last year, right?) and will simply rewrite it.

May your work go smoothly today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gnomes probably took it. Leave a quarter out for them and it should show up soon. (Hey, it's worked in our house many-a-time).

Meanwhile, something tells me to say "check your backups".

Suzane (who's been having her own software troubles today with a new version of QuickbooksPro). Grrrr....

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we discussing (cussing) computers problems? I just transferred over a program called Dance Data (I teach Scottish Country Dancing) and it came through in a gabillion different files AND I managed to make disappear everything else I had set up in that particular folder. I don't know if this is a Grrr.... or a Wah.... moment. I need tea and a good book.

Tine

PS. Robin, I think I will be able to make it to Pittsburg. I am keeping my fingers cross.

T

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, Just finished rereading the Singer For A World series after inhaling your latest book!!!!!Loved it Loved them.........Will now start rereading the celta books (again) Publishers are sooo sloooow!!! An ardent Fan, Catheryne

12:42 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Tine, that would be wonderful! I messed with the laptop for hours yesterday.

Catheryne,
Actually I'm the slow one. I need to write more (and shorter) books. The Heart books run about 500 ms. pages and the Lunas are 600 (trying to get that down to 500).

Thanks!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]