On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Maps -- Celta Working

Well, I think I did pretty well:

Photobucket

Especially since I started with this:
Photobucket

May all your worlds be beautiful for you today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool. I bought the software a couple of months ago after seeing your recommendation. Been wanting to do the same with a map of my own, but haven't had the time (or patience) to do it yet. Toys - gotta love'em.

P.S. - any chance we might be seeing towns/cities anytime soon? ;)

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This map thing looks like lots of fun. I downloaded Fractal (Fractile?) Terrains Demo and I am hooked! Do not know what I am doing or what to do with the end result, but enjoying the process all the same. After trying I can appreciate more how well you reproduced your hand drawn map.
How do you get time for writing though? A reader.

10:20 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Carpetsudsie, yes, I've enjoyed it. I haven't upgraded my Campaign Cartographer and I don't know too much what I'm doing there (though I have the cities and towns), so it may be a while before we see cities and towns, esp. Druida since I'm sure I put several things in the same spot originally and I'm slowly untangling the mess in my head.

Reader, I get to play with the maps AFTER I make wordcount for the day.

Robin

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband says he wants to play with the software AFTER I figure out how to use it so he can do some D & D maps, etc. (Needless to say I've thrown the instruction manual at him and said "figure it out yourself" ;) )

Also recommended the programs to other friends who are really into D & D bigtime. You should be getting a commission on all this. :D

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]