On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, March 14, 2008

Fun and Easy Bits -- Out of Sequence Writing

You know, it never occurred to me that when I write the fun and easy bits out of sequence I am then left, at the end of the book, with the hard and uninteresting bits... I know this happened in Protector of the Flight, for sure...but blessedly any other time is a little vague.

I have been reaching a point where I come to the end of the middle and start writing a whole bunch of "end" scenes and getting that completely done then going back and filling in....

Anyway, right now I'm writing (on Echoes of the Dark, and WHY, STILL is that a better title than Singer for a World? the thing is generic, it says nothing of fantasy...I have a feeling I should have kicked a little more about that title. I'd have lost, as always, but maybe I might feel better), I'm writing in sequence some setup scenes (chapters 5-6-7 or so), and also writing the first turning point. So there will be stuff to fill in (mostly Jikata learning magic, and a couple of those scenes ARE written).

I have three endings for this book, and series, so far. I keep coming up with better and better ideas, but, you know, I can post the extras on my website. I've been deciding who's going to live and die and how I'm going to handle that, and foreshadowing.

So, that's the report.

May you know where you're going today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]