On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, January 28, 2008

Editing -- Cutting

Well, I've started. The book is not tight, so I'm working on that first, which is time intensive. My mentor liked the book, cut one group scene (which she loathes), and said she thought another scene was setting up a villain (wish I'd thought of that before!) since so much importance was attached to it, so I can cut a lot of it.

Janet Lane is my toughest critiquer and that ms. is still out...pant, pant.

Just took a break to go to my mentor's and get my ms. Her building is in rehab and walked up to the 6th floor, then to the bank. So, now, I really want to get back to work. Long days ahead, I think. But I can spend longer days on editing.

May you have an easy work day.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I confess, I confess!!... I am really envious of your beta/critique readers. I wish I could be one of them ! As it is I will have to wait for months to read the book and not see any of the cut bits. I am as green a broccoli flowerett..

7:34 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Reader,

Let me know by email and I'll see what I can do. What I usually like is does the motivation make sense, does it drag...etc.

Robin

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]