On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Heart Fate

I've gotten out arcs of Heart Fate to my beta readers -- five, the most ever. I've done one, two and three, but never four or five.

Heart Fate is not an action packed book, much more about relationships. I've heard back from one of my readers who was looking at it from an emotional trauma POV and she loved it. But she likes relationship/character books best. So my mentor, the person who loves plot, will be a good balance.

But of the five I've heard back from two with favorable comments.

Whew.

I had critique at my house yesterday and ran the arc across town, so that took up all of the day.

Today I did brunch...and printed out the book to look at myself, but haven't been able to force myself to look at it. My indulgence (cleaning person) comes tomorrow and neither of us like me to be in the house... so tomorrow pm for sure I'll be working on it...hard copy.

As for Beta Readers, I consider them very, very important. Most important is critique group, but when we meet once a month, that doesn't help for most of the book. And seeing sections once a month doesn't always let you see how a story scans.

I ran out of ink on my own copy, but I have a backup -- but printing out 2 copies...and mailing express...very expensive. Sigh.

May you enjoy your rest today.
Robin

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*begins countdown to "Heart Fate" release*

:-)

8:29 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I wanted to make sure that it actually got out in the mail before I responded, so, yes, the countdown to September should be fine...

Robin

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am anxiously awaiting the book "Heart Fate" I love your Heart series. Thank you for sharing your imaginative world with us.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]