On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, January 21, 2008

Off

I took yesterday off. I shouldn't have, but I did. I didn't even look at emails. Saturday I walked to the RMFW Board meeting at my local library and my photogray glasses weren't good enough to handle the snow-blindness on the way back. A short walk, but a headache that stuck with me the rest of the day. Then I think that I ate something bad.

Anyway, Saturday was minimal work before the meeting, and yesterday was nil. Reread some books: Born in Fire, Born in Ice and Eileen Wilks new one, sorry I don't have the name at my fingertips and I want to finish this so I can drag my you=know down to work. I have been working almost exclusively downstairs at the dining room table which is shoved into a corner.

Snowing again today, and gray, which will make it colder downstairs, but I've downloaded more subliminal music and put it on the laptop, so I'm hoping that will help out. Some NOT subliminal music, The 10 Minute Chakra Balancing (it has 3 time lengths and I think it was actually the 20 minute one), was playing randomly on the laptop as I did the dishes and I liked that very much.

Anyway, that's the NO news. May your day be productive.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robin,
I read Keepers over the weekend. I love that series, and I can't wait for the final book. I really wish publishers weren't so stuck on word count. I wanted more. With two main stories, they both ended up leaving a lot to the imagination. But you've really laid down a good base for the big finale. Congratulations.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to second k.l. I think I actually like the Gaurdian series better than the Heart series, or I at least reread the Gaurdian series more often. I could feel the merging of the two stories and I am waiting and wanting the last book in the series.

Good job.

I went from loving Elizabeth, to rooting for Bri, to thinking that Raine has already put her time in and she should be on the next snap home already.

Tine

10:22 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, K.L. and Tine. I really did the best I could with that book. It was too bad that I'd already had twins in book 5, otherwise it wouldn't have been so crowded.

Tine, thanks so much for the feedback. Alas, Raine can't go until she builds the ship, which since I can't show in an entire book, will probably be short-cutted by magic.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]